What constitutes a "serious mental health diagnosis" for health insurance coverage?

Bookmark and Share
My / insurance (Blue Shield of CA) plan will only cover psychotherapy to "serious mental health Diagnostics". Asked by phone if you could give me a list of which DSM-IV codes are considered serious and said I have to ask about a specific code and tell me Yes or it would cover No. I wanted to know in advance that if my mental health provider was debating between some diagnostics, we take into consideration that one. Anyone have a list of codes that are considered serious mental health is diagnosed by the medical insurance companies?
Tags: blue shield of ca, dsm iv secure code, plan of insurance, medical insurance companies, provider of mental health, psychotherapy
original article

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment